The Kochemink Voyage
August 4-9, 2015 | Phillips Scout Camp
“Outdoor adventure is the promise made to boys when they join Scouting.” In the outdoors, Scouts have the opportunity to learn skills that make them more self reliant. Exploration, meeting challenges and experiencing difficulty develops character. The Kochemink Voyage is specifically intended to sharpen and deepen those basic skills that Samoset Scouts have already acquired in their home units. Learning by doing is a hallmark of outdoor education. This course is designed to instill competence and confidence in youth Scouts by arming them with the in-depth knowledge and practical application of the core outdoor skills used in the BSA program.
In this 6 day action packed voyage, Scouts will spend 4 solid days of intense hands-on learning in four core skill areas: Field Cooking, Land Navigation, Pioneering and Realistic First Aid. While not a leadership course, a successful graduate will be inspired to take his outdoor adventures to new heights. Armed with the confidence of having no fear in taking on new challenges, the outdoor adventure question will change from “how?” to “how far?” Becoming a great leader requires personal skills – and The Kochemink Voyage is a great place to hone them in. The great outdoors will be the only classroom – and “fun” will be the order of the day.
- Course Capacity is 32 participants
- Course is open to all BSA registered males and femails (adult or youth). Including Boy Scouts, Venture Scouts, Committee Members, Scoutmasters
- Youth Boy Scouts must qualify by being 1st Class before Course start date, and have camped 6 nights outdoors with their home unit. NOT recommended for 1st year Scouts.
- Venture Crew Youth are recommended to have already experienced 6 nights of camping
- Any Adult Leader attending is required to have completed Youth Protection Training
- Course cost is $175. A $50 non-refundable deposits is due at registration, full payment due by June 1st, no refunds after July 1st.
- Inquiries can be directed to: Course Director, Mike LaPorte: or 715-571-3918.