The Trainer's EDGE
March 28, 2015 | Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston
Training is an essential part of Scouting. This new training course, The Trainer’s EDGE, will better prepare trainers how to conduct effective training. The course provides an opportunity to “train the trainer” on behaviors and resources while offering hands-on experience in methods and media. This course will be especially useful for those serving on training staffs of National Youth Leader Training (NYLT), Wood Badge, and other leader-specific training courses.
- 8:00 - 8:30 AM: Arrival/Check-in
- 4:00 PM: Wrap-up
- Bring a sack lunch
- Register Online
The purpose of the Trainer’s EDGE course is to provide and help develop the platform skills of a trainer. It supplements practice offered through any Samoset Council training development programs, with a focus on the participant, while raising the level of skill a trainer brings to the training experience but is open to all Samoset Council registered Cub Scout, Scout, and Venturing youth and adult leaders that seek to work to improve their training and communication skills. Only practice can polish these skills! This course provides that opportunity!
Who Should Come?
- Youth trainers for NYLT staff, Venturing, Roundtable, Order of the Arrow, and summer camp staff
- District trainers in Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, and Venturing
- Council trainers for NYLT staff, Wood Badge staff, and all other training courses and sessions such as ACES, BALOO, Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills, Leave No Trace, and OWL.
- Commissioners - Unit, District, Assistant District, and Roundtable
- Any scout youth (Senior and Assistant Senior Patrol Leaders) and adult leaders who want to improve their communicate and training skills
What You will Learn
- Why, how we train leaders, and train effectively
- How adults and youth learn
- What is important about communication
- Characteristics of a good trainer
- How to plan training
- What kind of arrangements do you need to make
- What kind of technology works best in any given situation
- The latest in training methods
- How to get that EDGE in whatever you do