Den Chief Training
One of the best helpers for a Cub Scout Den Leader or Webelos Leader is a Den Chief, a Boy Scout who can help with activities, advancement, ceremonies, crafts and other den events. But the best Den Chief is one who has attended Den Chief Training to learn about games, songs, tricks, puzzles, and other things that help a Den Chief do a better job.
Pack Leaders! Ask your local Scout Troop to provide Den Chiefs, then pay their way to training. You won't regret it! You'll have better dens, and better Webelos-to-Scout Transition results.
Troop Leaders! Being a Den Chief qualifies as a leadership position for rank advancement. Encourage your Scouts to volunteer, then sign them up for training! You'll get more Cubs growing up to join your troop.
Den Leaders! Ask your pack leaders or troop leaders to help you get Den Chiefs. Webelos Den Chiefs are especially useful for teaching the Boy Scout parts of Webelos advancement requirements and give the boys a friend in the troop when it is time to graduate. You will get a valuable assistant leader.
- Date: Saturday October 27, 2012, 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Location: Masonic Center, 2321 2nd Ave S., Wisconsin Rapids 54495
- Cost: $15.00 - includes Den Chief Handbook, Den Chief patch and program materials.
- Discount: $5.00 discount if they bring an adult to participate in the training (FREE for adults).
- What to Bring: Bring a sack lunch, pen and paper, uniform, and completed Den Chief Application.