Give Back to the Youth in Your Community!
The Boy Scouts of America and Samoset Council relies on volunteers to provide leadership and support to Cub Scout packs, Boy Scout troops and Venturing crews. Scouting volunteers come to Scouting from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Plumbers, lawyers, housewives, teachers, doctors, janitors and scientist-people from just about every occupation imaginable-are involved in leading youth to become responsible, caring and competent citizens, They also quickly discover that Scout volunteering enable them to learn new skills and build lifelong friendships while having fun.
Whether you wish to volunteer your time with elementary school age boys or middle and high school age youth, the Boy Scouts of America has a volunteer opportunity that is right for you. In addition to the reward of working with youth through volunteering for Scouts you will:
- Develop a greater level of pride in your community
- Have the opportunity to demonstrate moral and ethical decisions
- Build a closer bond with your children and other children in the community
- Become a better role model image for youth in your community
Volunteering with the Boy Scouts of America enables you to work with youth to build a better future for everyone!
Ways to get involved:
- Council board and committees
- Crystal Lake Construction Crew
- District committee
- Unit commissioner
- Unit level leader (Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, Committee chair, Commitee member, Den leader)