Friends of Scouting
The Friends of Scouting campaign is conducted annually among the parents of Scouts and volunteers. Families are the ones who see firsthand the benefit of Scouting for their child. District and unit volunteers conduct the campaign to give all Scouting families the opportunity to support Samoset Scouting.
We also involve business and community leaders in the Friends of Scouting program. These leaders recognize the value of a future workforce trained and ready to deliver superior results in a competitive global market. Youth instilled with character development, citizenship training, and personal fitness are vital to the future success of any competitive business.
2015 FOS Campaign Materials
- Family FOS Brochure (PDF)
- Community FOS Borchure (PDF)
- Unit Guide (PDF)
- Presenter Guide (PDF)
- How to give a FOS Presentation (Video)
- Donate Online
Where Does Your Support Go?
- Support for camping/outdoor programs and the properties to operate these programs.
- Employs a full-time ranger for the protection of the property and the convenience of units using facilities.
- Provides scholarships or “camperships” for Scouts who need help to have a summertime camp experience.
- Support Parents and Unit Leaders with:
- Provide administrative support to keep participant cost to a minimum.
- Provide Liability Insurance and Accident Insurance for registered youth and adults.
- Employs a trained, full-time staff that counsels, guides and inspires through:
- Informal training in unit operation.
- Person-to-person counseling on unit relationships, administrative, and operational problems.
- Guidance of all committees, commissioners, roundtables, meetings, conferences, courses, and district and council activities in the development of programs that directly benefit leaders and units.
- Contacts with community resources.
Don't forget that many companies "match" their employee's donation . To see an initial list of companies known to have this policy, contact the Council office or check with your human resources department for the appropriate paperwork.
If you are interested in making a long term donation through your Estate Plan, please contact the Samoset Council office at 800-303-2195 for further details.