March 5, 2017
3:00 - 5:00 PM
St. Andrew Lutheran, Wausau
June 2-4, 2017
Akela's World, Rhinelander
July 16, 2017
Camp Phillips, Weston
2017 National Scout Jamboree
High adventure like you've never seen. Whitewater, climbing, zip lines, mountain biking, and much, much more. Not to mention all of the things you've grown to love about the jamboree: patch trading, SCUBA, arena shows, Technology Quest ... who could ask for more?
Youth registration for the 2017 National Scout Jamboree is now open. Space in the Samoset Council contingent are limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis. To reserve your spot follow the steps under registration.
- Go to the National Jamboree website to learn more about the amazing once-in-a-lifetime opportunities you will experience at the National Scout Jamboree and complete the online registration.
- Fill out the Samoset Council Jamboree Youth Application Form. Please be sure to read the terms and sign the second page of the form. Submit the form to the Council Service Center along with your $200 Deposit.
- Sunday, July 16, 2017 depart at 5:30 AM for Greenfield Village (Dearborn, MI).
- Monday, July 17, 2017 depart at 6:30 AM for Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum. Drive to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH for 3 hour tour of National Air Force Museum and depart by 5:00 PM to stay overnight in Springfield, OH.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017 depart 8:00 AM for arrival 1:00 PM for choice of 2.5 hour zip-lining or 2 hour white water rafting.
- Wednesday, July 19, 2017 drive to Summit Bechtal Reserve (60 miles).
- Friday, July 28th, 2017 return from Summit Bechtal Reserve to Weston, WI (about 12 Hours)
Wisconsin's pristine Norwoods, known for its abundant wildlife and spectacular scenery, is featured in the 2017 Samoset Jamboree patches. Three sets centered on mammals, birds, and fish feature animals that live throughout the council. Contact the Samoset Scout Shop at 715-355-9680 if you are interested in purchasing any of these patch sets.
How to Pack a Duffel