Peggy (Margaret) Leet
Rib Mountain District
The Rib Mountain District proudly serves the communities of: Birnamwood, Gresham, Hatley, Hewitt/Texas, Kronenwetter, Maine, Rib Mountain, Ringle, Rothschild, Schofield, Stettin, Wausau, Wittenberg
Scouts Help Local Families:
Rib Mountain District Scouting (Wausau Area) raised 17,534 pounds of food with 16,830 items at a value of $23,670.70.
Over 850 Rib Mountain District Scouts and Scouters put out Scouting For Food Bags (donated by Trig’s Grocery Store) and collected the food.
Scouts and Scouters also sorted food at some Food Pantries.
The food drive for Rib Mountain District assisted 11 Local Food Pantries and 16 food barrels were placed at local grocery stores and churches.
This surpassed our Scouting For Food record from 2012 by close to a thousand pounds.
Thanks to everyone who made a difference by serving the Community and our Local Neighbors! Scouting and Scouting Families care about Others and Serve their Communities!
Rib Mountain District Executive
Memorial Day Parade
On Saturday May 25, 2013 the Wausau will host the Memorial Day Parade.
Any Pack, Troop and Crew who would like to participate in the parade should be at the fairgrounds for staging up at 9:45 am. The parade will start at 10:45am marching to the VFW on River Road.
Please contact Paul Missett at 715-845-9554 if you plan to be there. They would like to know in advance who will be participating.
Cub Scout Camporee, Saturday, June 1-2: This year’s Cub Scout Camporee will be even better than last year with new events, different activities and opportunities to earn activity pins, belt loops and patches. Last year we topped our best participation numbers by 20%. Cost is the same. The Cub Scouts fee is $15 for the weekend with check in Saturday at 10:00 AM at Camp Phillips (behind the Scout Center).
Webelos have an extra opportunity to camp overnight on Friday, May 31, 2013. Cost will be the same. The Webelos fee is$20 for the weekend with check in Friday at 5:00 pm.
30th Annual Chuckwagon, July 27th
The Chuckwagon Staff of the Rib Mountain District invite and challenge ALL Cub Scouts and Packs to the 30th Anniversary of Chuckwagon Skills Day. Does your Pack have what it takes to complete the Skills course? If you think you do, Spend the day with us at Camp Phillips in Weston right behind the Scout office on Saturday, July 27th 2013. Registration and inspection start at 7:30 am. The cost is $7.00 before July 9th and $8.00 after. Some of the challenges of the skills day are: First Aid, Hand Tools, Chuckwagon Obstacle Course, Nature, Knot Tying, Indian Signs/Games, Team Building, Scouting Methods, and a River Crossing. Official rules, Plans, Registration forms and instructions can be found on the Councils Web site under Districts-Rib Mountain-Resources.
If you have any questions Please contact Todd Zunker (715 355-5650).
- Rib Mt District Committee Meeting 5/30/2013 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 7:00 to 9:00 pm
- Rib Mt Webelos Overnight 5/31/2013 - Camp Phillips, Weston 5:00 pm
- Rib Mt CS Camporee 6/1/2013 - Camp Phillips start 8:00 am on Saturday into Sunday am
- Rib Mt District Planning Meeting 7/18/2013 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 7:00 to 8:30 pm
- Rib Mt Chuckwagon Skill Day 7/27/2013 - Camp Phillips, Weston 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Rib Mt Program Kick Off 8/15/2013 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 6:00 to 8:00 pm
- Rib Mt District Meeting 8/29/2013 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 7:00 to 9:00 pm
- Rib Mt Roundtable 9/5/2013 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 7:00 to 8:00 pm
- Com Unity Fest by United Way (Scout Expo) 9/20/2013 - Marathon Park
- Scouting Family Fun Night 9/24/2013 - Camp Phillips, Weston 4:30 to 7:00 pm Enjoy free meal and games!