Peggy (Margaret) Leet
Rib Mountain District
The Rib Mountain District proudly serves the communities of: Birnamwood, Gresham, Hatley, Hewitt/Texas, Kronenwetter, Maine, Rib Mountain, Ringle, Rothschild, Schofield, Stettin, Wausau, Wittenberg
Rib Mt. Cub Scout Camporee 2014
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE STAFF OF THE 2014 RIB MOUNTAIN CUB CAMPOREE; THE BECKS, MOREHOUSE’S NEST’S, DAN RIEHLE, JERRY KRONSCHNABEL AND COUNTLESS OTHER VOLUNTEERS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAMPOREE. IN ADDITION, WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK OUR (HUCK FINN) RAY ROGERS. OUR VOLUNTEERS PUT IN A LOT OF TIME AND TALENT TO MAKE SURE A FUN TIME WAS HAD BY ALL.
THANK YOU AS WELL TO THE PARENTS AND LEADERS THAT BROUGHT SCOUTS BOTH ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS AND THEN STAYED WITH ALL THE FAMILY MEMBERS.
FOR THE BOY SCOUT TROOPS THAT HAD SCOUTS COME AND HELP OUT (AND THIS YEAR WE HAD A LOT OF BOY SCOUTS THERE TO HELP), THANK YOU. IT WAS AWESOME TO HAVE EVERYONE WORKING TOGETHER AS ONE BIG SCOUT FAMILY.
PEGGY AND I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU ALL OF YOU. WE ARE PROUD OF RIB MOUNTAIN DISTRICT, OUR LEADERS, SCOUTS AND PARENTS.
JOHN PELLEGRINO, DISTRICT COMMISSIONER &
PEGGY LEET, SENIOR DISTRICT EXECUTIVE
Rib Mt. District 31st Annual
Chuckwagon Skills Day
DATE: July 26th, 2014
PLACE: Phillips Scout Camp, Weston
REGISTRATION AND WAGON INSPECTION: 7:30am – 8:30am
STARTING TIME: 9:00am
FEE: $7.00 per pre-registered Cub Scout and/or Adult Wagon Guide.
$8.00 per Cub Scout and/or Adult Wagon Guide after July 9th 2014.
(Includes a patch, ribbons, and trophies)
Attention: Cubmasters, Leaders, & Parents: Your pre-registration will assure that your Cub Scout will receive a patch at Chuckwagon. Concessions are available under pavilion.
The 31st Annual Chuckwagon Skills Day is a day of teamwork and challenging Cub Scout Skills with family at nine different Forts. Your Chuckwagon carries your water, lunch and snacks and group equipment from Fort to Fort. As your team visits each Fort, you will learn to do first aid, knot tying, team building, Scout methods, nature and Indian Study so your team can cross the river and get your Chuckwagon through obstacles.
Scouting for Food
Thanks to all of you who helped with Scouting for Food.
Biggest thanks to all adult leaders who made time in their overcrowded schedules, to provide this opportunity for the Scouts.
Our youth have been directly involved with responding to the needs of others. This experience will help them become leaders that do what is necessary to get the job done.
Our community is strengthened by our efforts to meet the needs of the hungry in our midst.
In 2014, Rib Mountain District Scouting Families (Wausau Area) raised 12,052 pounds of food with 11,569 items at a value of $17,475.40.
Over 600 Rib Mountain District Scouts and Scouters put out Scouting for Food Bags (donated by Trig’s Grocery Store) and collected the food. Scouts and Scouters also sorted food at some Food Pantries.
This included over 2,275 hours of service to our community.
Joe and Vernell Theisen,
Scouting For Food Chairman
- Rib Mt Program Kick Off 8/14/2014 - Camp Phillips, Weston 6:00 to 8:00 pm
- Rib Mt District Committee Meeting 8/28/2014 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 7:00 to 9:00 pm
- Rib Mt Roundtable 9/4/2014 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 7:00 to 8:00 pm
- Rib Mt OA Chapter Meeting 9/7/2014 - McCormick Lodge from 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Rib Mt District Committee Meeting 9/25/2014 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 7:00 to 9:00 pm
- Rib Mt Roundtable 10/2/2014 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 7:00 to 8:00 pm
- Boy Scout Fall Camporee 10/10/2014 07:00 PM -
- Rib Mt District Committee Meeting 10/30/2014 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 7:00 to 9:00 pm
- Rib Mt Roundtable 11/6/2014 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 7:00 to 8:00 pm
- Rib Mt OA Service/Over Night Electrofest 11/8/2014 - Camp Phillips; Day of Service 9:00 am to 5:00 pm /Chapter Meeting 6:00 pm/ Overnight Electrofest