Peggy (Margaret) Leet
Rib Mountain District
The Rib Mountain District proudly serves the communities of: Birnamwood, Gresham, Hatley, Hewitt/Texas, Kronenwetter, Maine, Rib Mountain, Ringle, Rothschild, Schofield, Stettin, Wausau, Wittenberg
Rib Mt. Cub Scout Camporee
Saturday, May 31 at 10:00 am to Sunday, June 1. The location is LE Phillips Scout Camp behind the Samoset Council Scout Center. This year’s Cub Scout Camporee will be even better than last year with new events, different activities and opportunities to earn activity pins, belt loops and patches. Last year we topped our best participation numbers by 20%. Cost is the same. The Cub Scouts fee is $15 for the weekend with check in Saturday at 10:00 AM.
Webelos have an extra opportunity to camp overnight on Friday, May 30, 2014. Cost will be the same. The Webelos fee is $20 for the weekend with check in Friday at 5:00 pm.
Almost every Pack participated last year. Let’s turn it up!
Rib Mt. District 31st Annual
Chuckwagon Skills Day
DATE: July 26th, 2014
PLACE: Phillips Scout Camp, Weston
REGISTRATION AND WAGON INSPECTION: 7:30am – 8:30am
STARTING TIME: 9:00am
FEE: $7.00 per pre-registered Cub Scout and/or Adult Wagon Guide.
$8.00 per Cub Scout and/or Adult Wagon Guide after July 9th 2014.
(Includes a patch, ribbons, and trophies)
Attention: Cubmasters, Leaders, & Parents: Your pre-registration will assure that your Cub Scout will receive a patch at Chuckwagon. Concessions are available under pavilion.
The 31st Annual Chuckwagon Skills Day is a day of teamwork and challenging Cub Scout Skills with family at nine different Forts. Your Chuckwagon carries your water, lunch and snacks and group equipment from Fort to Fort. As your team visits each Fort, you will learn to do first aid, knot tying, team building, Scout methods, nature and Indian Study so your team can cross the river and get your Chuckwagon through obstacles.
Scouting for Food
Thanks to all of you who helped with Scouting for Food.
Biggest thanks to all adult leaders who made time in their overcrowded schedules, to provide this opportunity for the Scouts.
Our youth have been directly involved with responding to the needs of others. This experience will help them become leaders that do what is necessary to get the job done.
Our community is strengthened by our efforts to meet the needs of the hungry in our midst.
In 2014, Rib Mountain District Scouting Families (Wausau Area) raised 12,052 pounds of food with 11,569 items at a value of $17,475.40.
Over 600 Rib Mountain District Scouts and Scouters put out Scouting for Food Bags (donated by Trig’s Grocery Store) and collected the food. Scouts and Scouters also sorted food at some Food Pantries.
This included over 2,275 hours of service to our community.
Joe and Vernell Theisen,
Scouting For Food Chairman
- Rib Mt BS Spring Camporee 4/25/2014 - Girl Scout Silver Birch Camp
- Rib Mt Roundtable 5/1/2014 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 7:00 to 8:00 pm
- Rib Mt District Pinewood Derby 5/3/2014 - TBD
- Rib Mt District Committee Meeting 5/22/2014 - Camp Phillips 7:00 to 9:00 pm
- Rib Mt Webelos Camporee 5/30/2014 - Camp Phillips after 5:00 pm
- Rib Mt CS Camporee 5/31/2014 - Camp Phillips Saturday 8:00 am to Sunday am
- Rib Mt District Planning Meeting 7/17/2014 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 7:00 to 9:00 pm
- Rib Mt CS Chuckwagon Skills Day 7/26/2014 - Camp Phillips, Weston 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Rib Mt Program Kick Off 8/14/2014 - Camp Phillips, Weston 6:00 to 8:00 pm
- Rib Mt District Committee Meeting 8/28/2014 - Wausau Homes Scout Center, Weston 7:00 to 9:00 pm